Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yoga Thursday = no love today:(

So for work I have been attending a conference. Today was a wellness afternoon. I had signed up for a yoga/nutrition session. Sounded great!

Let me start by explaining that I work in a place that employees an older crowd and many MANY are smokers, very over weight, have mutliple medical issues, or are extremly older.

The "yoga" session was a airhead just sportically doing a variety of different poses...no flowing...no breathing...no real instruction. This could have been detrimental to many of the participants as most had no yoga experience and had reasons to really focus on proper form and not pushing. This instructor did some moves that I was not introduced to until after doing yoga for a year. These were not beginner moves and she did not cover the fact that you should push to pain. There was so much cracking and popping in the class. Crazy! I would not be surprised if people hurt themselves! Butthen a true sad thing part happen...her shivasana(spelled that all wrong!!) sucked! How hard is it to guide relaxation?? If you have no idea just shut up and people will relax! She started talking about some optical nerve and how it functions and the reason you want to try and relax it while you are suppose to be relaxing. It did not work for me!

Then the nutrition portion was even worse! Had the presenter simply presented, it would have been ok, however then she open the floor to some guy that was attending the session. OH MY GOODNESS!! He started going off about amino acids and making some crazy vitmin b salt drink that you need to drink every morning and how he takes 3000 more mg of vitamins then recommended because you have to so you can look as good as he does...then he mentioned he was going to be a great grandfather and everyone was all "you look so young...WOW". Then a little later a lady was all "I would have not thought you were any older than around 55 or so" Then he says..."well I am 55". So much for looking younger...lol! The he proceeded to say that to eat well you have to have passion and love in your life or you can not eat well? Then followed with all kinds of crazy herbal and supplemtns that you should take so that you can live to be 1000. Yep, that was not one of my typos he said if you can live 20 more years then you will be able to live until 1000 becasue they are going to start growing artificle body parts and have all kinds of crazy things. IT WAS NUTS!

So there was no yoga love today:) However, I had a great morning session on financial planning. I will be getting in control of everything very soon. Plus I feel so adult to say I have a financial advisor.

No comments: