Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Proposal and Ring:)

Warren completely shocked me with the proposal on October 13, 2007! We had dinner reservations set up for that night and then we were going to meet his parents at his house to play cards. But around 4:30pm I was starving! I told Warren I was hungry and didn't want to wait until 6:30pm when our reservation was. He said ok and it just so happened that we were driving by the restaurant (our favorite) and we had our first date at. Warren asked if I wanted to stop there and cancel our reservations. I agreed and we sat at the same booth from our first date. He kept saying really sweet things about our year together. Warren is normally really sweet and says things like this all the time so I didn't think anything of it. When we left, Warren said he had one more place to go so I laid back in the front seat and took a quick nap since we would be up late. When he woke me up we were at the park we had gone to on our first date. I was surprised and he just said that we had some time before meeting his parents. So we walked to the point where you can see planes taking off over the inlet. We were talking about an upcoming trip we had when Warren bent down, so I turned to see what he was doing and he was tying his shoe...so I turned back around and continued to talk. He was down there for a while when I turned around and said "do you need some help?" Yet, I was stopped mid sentence because he was on one knee with the ring! I was shocked! Honestly I do not remember one word he said. All I remember was hugging him. He finally said so will you? I hadn't answered or looked at the ring!
This ring was all him. He had it custom built with the center stone so he could have a radiant cut diamond!! I love love love it!

No comments: