Thursday, April 17, 2008

Invitations- DIY or purchase? That is the question??


Well after completing our DIY save-the -dates, that happen to come out fantastic(will post pictures soon), we decided that it may be cost effective to purchase inviations. So I began my search for a great deal.


Since this blog just began you have no idea what kind of a bargin hunter I am. Some may call me cheap, but as anyone in my shoes...I call my self thrifty.


Ok, back to invitations. A co-worker who is getting married this summer pointed me in the direction of http://www.costco.com/ for wedding invitations. I thought to myself..."Costco sells wedding invitations??? How ghetto!" Well, being a bargin hunter I still checked it out and it just so happens it is not really Costco that sells them. It must be some sort of partner deal where if you log onto the website on http://www.einvite.com/ via the Costco website you save a TON of money. Not only are they very well priced they have an awsome collection! Needless to say more, when I got home that night Warren and I logged on via Costco.com and found the perfect invite for us. That night I ordered a sample and it showed up earlier than expected and looked great! We added a peacock feather to the front to personalize it just a little....Voila the perfect invite at an unbelieveable price...we could not have made them at this price.


So we made a spreadsheet with the guest list for the Anchorage reception and the Mexico Ceremony and needed about 50 invites. We ordered 75 to be safe. lol and at times I think I am too prepared as we ordered our invitations 4/10/08 for our 1/20/09 wedding. Oh well, they were on sale and it is one more thing that is finished and didn't take alot of time!






No comments: